Seas the Day Charleston
Lowcountry Boat Charters for All Occasions
Welcome aboard Seas the Day Charleston, the Lowcountry’s newest water adventure and charter company. USCG Captain Demal Mattson has over 30-years experience exploring Charleston’s local waters and barrier islands. He looks forward to sharing his local knowledge to give you an unmatched day on the water.
Please review our Cruise and Adventure Packages below or call Captain Demal at 843-566-4404 to customize your signature outing.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the historic Charleston skyline and wildlife while cruising the Charleston Harbor and waterways. Observe bottle nose dolphins dancing around and graceful birds flying above. With a stopover on one of our remote beaches you can enjoy a quick swim or a stroll along the beach.
Join Food Network award-winning Chef Demal Mattson for an evening of his local signature offerings, while slowly cruising the calm waters of local barrier islands. Cruises include stop over on one of the islands for a romantic sunset stroll or a quick refreshing swim.
We offer year round inshore, nearshore, and offshore Fishing Charters. Call Captain Demal for availability and details.
Shelling & Shark Teeth Hunting
A kid-friendly excursion. We will explore Folly Beach and Morris Island to fill your shelling bucket with Sandollars, cockles, Welchs and sharks teeth.
Fossils & Artifacts
Join Charleston-native Demal to explore one of his many favorite sites to uncover fossils and prehistoric shark’s teeth over 300 million years old, like a megalodon tooth.
A walking tour. Get up close and personal with snowy egret, waiting shorebirds, Bufflehead ducks, blue herons, brown pelicans and many other species. All while living in their natural habitat of the coastal waterways and islands of the Charleston area.
Notes From Captain Demal
Hello mates! I’m Demal Mattson, a Charleston native and trained professional chef. I’ve spent a lifetime on the water exploring all that the Lowcountry has to offer. As a trained chef, I’ve worked with groups large and small for over 10 years as a private chef and caterer. I’m known for using fresh, local ingredients because I grew up being taught by my father how to hunt and fish and use these locally-gathered ingredients to prepare meals. Through Seas the Day boat charters, i’m able to share this passion as well.
Some notes for your journey:
• A $150.00 deposit is required for all bookings. (non-refundable)
• Cancellation Policy: 50% charge of total booking price is due if canceled less than 1 month from date of your booking. 100% charge of total booking price is due if cancelled within 7 days or less of your booking.
• All guests must sign and return this Liability Waiver prior to your excursion.
• We gladly accept Venmo, Zelle, and cash.
• USCG certified captain and vessels.
• We recommend sunscreen, bug spray, cameras, bathing suits, sunglasses, rain coat, and a towel. We can’t predict mother nature so please bring a raincoat just in case.
• All children under the age of 14 are required to wear a lifejacket. Please BRING A LIFEJACKET that fits your child. No lifejacket; No ride.
• When you book an adventure with Seas the Day Charleston, you agree to photos being taken during the trip used solely for social media and advertisting purposes by Seas the Day Charleston without compensation. If you would prefer your photo not be take, please notify your captain.
• Bottled water will be provided on all charters and excursions.
• Tipping is welcomed, so if you enjoy your outing on the water, please show your appreciation.
For booking information and availability contact me, Demal Mattson at 843-566-4404 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.